* Free, Joseph P., and Howard F. Vos. Archaeology and Bible History. Rev. and exp. ed. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 1992.
* McRay, John. Archaeology & the New Testament. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Book House, 1991.
* Thompson, J.A. The Bible and Archaeology. Rev. 3d ed. Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans, 1987.
o Luke, the Historian. Melbourne: The Australian Institute of Archaeology, 1954.
* Wilson, Clifford A. Rocks, Relics and Biblical Reliability. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 1977.
* Yamauchi, Edwin. The Stones and the Scriptures. Grand Rapids: Baker Book House, 1972.
THE HISTORICITY OF CHRIST:
* Bruce, F.F. Jesus & Christian Origins Outside the New Testament. Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans, 1974.
* Habermas, Gary R. The Historical Jesus: Ancient Evidence for the Life of Christ. Joplin, MO: College Press, 1996.
* McDowell, Josh, and Bill Wilson. He Walked Among Us. San Bernardino, CA: Here’s Life Publishers, 1988.
THE HISTORICITY OF THE BIBLE
* Archer, Gleason. Jr. A Survey of Old Testament Introduction. Rev. ed. Chicago, IL: Moody Press, 1974.
* Barnett, Paul. Is the Testament Reliable? A Look at the Historical Evidence. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 1986.
* Blomberg, Craig. The Historical Reliability of the Gospels. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 1987.
* Bruce, F.F. The New Testament Documents: are They Reliable?. Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans, 1978.
* Geisler, Norman, and William Nix. A General Introduction to the Bible. Rev. and exp. ed. Chicago, IL: Moody Press, 1986.
* Harrison, Roland Kenneth. Introduction to the Old Testament. Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans, 1969.
* McDowell, Josh. Evidence That Demands a Verdict. Arrowhead Springs, CA: Campus Crusade for Christ, 1972.
* Montgomery, John. History and Christianity. Minneapolis, MN: Bethany House Publishers, 1965.
o Where is History Going? Minneapolis, MN: Bethany Fellowship, 1972.
* Sherwin-White, A.N. Roman Society and Roman Law in the New Testament. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Book House, 1978.
Revision Date: 8/27/97